- The Alliance for Justice
- matching grants of $10,000 for youth-designed and youth-led campaigns
to end gun violence.
- Annie E. Casey Foundation
- Serving children and families. Building supportive communities. Reforming
- Bikes Belong Coalition
- promotes bicycling and assists local organizations, agencies and communities
across the US in developing bicycle facilities projects that will be
funded by TEA-21, the Transportation Equity Act for the 21st Century.
- gives financial assistance for the education and support of children
who have lost a parent or guardian.
- Charles Stewart Mott
- enhances the capacity of individuals, families or institutions at
the local level and beyond. toward systemic change.
- A giving circle providing grants up to $5,000.
- The foundation addresses the needs of Greater Cleveland through grantmaking,
and providing leadership on vital issues.
- supports social justice organizations through workplace giving programs
and other philanthropic initiatives.
- Draper Richards
- gives up to $100,000 annually for three years to social entrepreneurs
who possess solid ideas for starting new nonprofit organizations in
the United States.
- The F.B. Heron Foundation
- supports organizations with a track record of building wealth within
low-income communities. It supports strategies that increase access
to capital, support enterprise development, advance home ownership,
provide quality child care, or employ comprehensive community development
- Up to $3,000 in Neighborhood Retail Assistance Program funds to urban
market gardners and farmers in Cleveland.
- Grantee Exchange
- small grants to encourage social change organizations to seek technical
assistance from one another and to build regional and national networks.
- offers grants to support activities focused on architecture and the
build environment, and that lead to public dissemination of ideas.
- GTECH's After School
- provides up to $15,000 in hardware, software, and volunteer hours
to establish computer labs for nonprofit community organizations servicing
- Gund Foundation
- a private, nonprofit institution with the sole purpose of contributing
to human well-being and the progress of society.
Home Depot Foundation
- makes grants to organizations that create and rehabilitate affordable
housing. Grants range between $5,000 and $25,000.
- IBM Corporate
- funds initiatives to address specific societal issues, such as the
environment, community economic development, education, health, literacy,
language and culture.
- The Jessie Smith Noyes
- supports initiatives connecting the environment to ommunity economic
development and using an inclusive, democratic decision-making process.
- The Kresge Foundation
- provides grants to support planning costs associated with designing
environmentally sustainable buildings. The foundation also provides
workshops and educational materials for nonprofits as part of its Green
- funding local, small-scale, time-limited projects that help communities
build skills and capacity to identify opportunities and take action.
Charitable and Educational Foundation
- provide contributions of supplies and materials for specific community
- The Lynde and
Harry Bradley Foundation
- supports projects that focus on cultivating a renewed, healthier,
and more vigorous sense of citizenship among the American people, and
among peoples of other nations, as well.
- MacArthur Foundation
- supports creative people and effective institutions committed to building
a more just, verdant, and peaceful world.
- Met Life Foundation
- grants to support educational, health and civic and cultural organizations.
- Community grants up to $5,000.
- The Norman Foundation
- supports efforts that strengthen the ability of communities to determine
their own economic, environmental and social well-being and that help
people control the forces that affect their lives.
- Ohio Arts Council
- a state agency that funds and supports quality arts experiences to
strengthen Ohio communities culturally, educationally and economically.
- provides funding for start-up projects and innovations in three areas:
music; education; and grassroots organizing. In each area the foundation
is interested in making one-time grants for activities that create sustainable
organizing and communities.
- provides leadership and support for the improvement and transformation
of the health and well-being of individuals, families and communities
of Greater Cleveland.
- The Tony
- funds the construction of skate-parks.
- United Black Fund
- financially assists many non-profit organizations in the Greater Cleveland
area and ensures non-profit charitable organizations serving the poor,
Black and other minorities receive an equitable share of the charitable
dollars. United Black Funds awards up to $10,000.
- The Robert Wood
- The mission of the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation is to improve the
health and health care of all Americans.
- Verizon Foundation
- funds education, literacy, safety and health.
- The Waitt
- gives grants that support community-wide efforts to build capacity
and strength in low-income communities, with particular focus on children
and families, youth programs featuring music and the arts, youth violence
prevention, and community-based education and after-school activities.
Wells Fargo Housing Foundation
- $5,000 to $25,000 grants for low-income homeownership initiatives.
- WHO Foundation
- supports projects and programs addressing health, education and social
- The Xerox Foundation
- supports programs in education, employability, and cultural affairs,
and organizations that contribute to the debate on major national public
and Development Resources
- provides financing assistance to area businesses to foster economic
growth and jobs creation in Northeast Ohio.
- Hebrew Free Loan Association
provides interest free loans for personal or business needs.
Trust Small Deal Fund
- The Fund invests in very small historical tax credit projects generating
from $200,000 to $650,000 in tax credit equity.
Bancorp Foundation, Inc.
- a diversified financial products and services company
- The Ohio Community
- New Market Loans
- Cleveland Social
- A philanthropic venture fund that supports nonprofit organizations
in Cuyahoga County, Ohio
- Technology Discounts
- Gifts in Kind
- Conduit for In-kind donations
- Tech Soup Donated and discounted
technology products for nonprofits and public libraries
- state funding source that provides affordable housing opportunities,
expands housing services, and improves housing conditions for low-income
Administration for Children and Families
- Grants are to provide technical and financial assistance for economic
needs of low-income individuals and families by creating employment
and business development opportunities
- Community Development
Financial Institutions Fund
- mission is to expand the capacity of financial institutions to provide
credit, capital, and financial services to underserved populations and
communities in the United States.
Department of Housing and Urban Development
- Hud grant applications and resources
of Federal Domestic Assistance
- a database of all federal programs available to state and local governments
- Grants, loans and other assistance